Thursday, May 14, 2009

Book Review - Face of Betrayal

I joined The Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers. For my first book they sent to me they gave me Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl. I really enjoyed this book. It was a page turner. I kept wanting to read more to see what was going to happen. It starts out with three friends. These three friends all went to high school together although they were not friends in high school. Each of them went their separate ways but all made it back to the town they grew up in. Two of them ended up in the law enforcement field and the last one became a reporter (so sort of in the law enforcement field. At least she reports on what they do).

The beginning of the book was a little hard to follow. I found myself going back to figure out which of the three women they were talking about but once I got about 1/4 of the way through the book, I understood who was who. My only other complaint of the book was the chapter headings. The author had them labeled as to time and place but sometimes the two chapters next to each were the exact same thing. Made me wonder why there was a break and a new chapter was started.

The ending was good - I won't give it away but it was a little twist. =) Kept me wanting to read to see what was going to happen. I will definitely be looking for her next book in the "triple threat series" to read once it comes out.

No comments: