Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it time for a new start???

Yes it is. But is tomorrow that day? I am tired of feeling like a fat blob again. I am tired of being tired. I want to start exercising again. I need to start eating better so I'm not so sluggish and tired. I want to. But there is always an excuse. The excuses need to stop. I know i have said this over and over and over again. But I really need to mean it now. I need to start fresh now. I have a feeling when I weigh in I am going to be in the 160s. :sigh: I could have been so close to the 139s it's not funny. It's really NOT funny. I almost want to cry. But I think I needed this. I needed to have fat feeling in my clothes to get back into the groove of losing weight again. I want people to start noticing again how great I look. It's gotten so nice to go to the store and try clothes on and not be upset because they didn't fit. I'm in a small top and size 8 or 10 pants. I LOVE it and I don't want to get any higher. I need to stay where I'm at. And there are key things I need to start doing in order to get back into my groove. Here they are:

1. Journal (i'm finding it tedious at this moment but it's the only thing that keeps me on track.)
2. Stay within 1200-1400 calories a day
3. Drink 64 ozs of water a day.
4. Eat healthy snacks (fruits are coming into season so this should start getting easy.)
5. PLAN my dinner meals. Actually I should plan all but I've gotten away from planning dinner. I need to get back to that.

So baby steps. I just need to take one step at a time. Change my mindset and I WILL overcome this downturn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm.....did you just read my mind and post what I was thinking?!?! I'm in the same boat, my dear. I'd be well into my 150s if I hadn't fallen off and started eating whatever I wanted while being sedatary on the couch. I have started to exercise again over the past couple weeks. I just need to do the things that you mentioned above, and I'll be golden!

Kyle said...

Heather,

I see you list out goals. How do you react when you aren't meeting those goals? Do you find that more motivating or demotivating? Are you an all or nothing kind of person?

Take stock of your feelings. For me and my personality type, goals aren't motivators.

Objectives perhaps, but goals, no.

I just try and go to bed each night with an honest assessment of whether or not I did my very best keep getting better.

Not everyone reacts to goals and not meeting them the same way.

I'm rooting for your new start!