Thursday, August 27, 2009

Menu Planning

I was doing good with Menu Planning and then, it just fizzled. Well Toni over at The Happy Housewife is doing a series every Thursday for Meal Planning. Check it out! I'm a little late in posting but I did have my meals written out and am ready to get going!!

Week One - Write down 15 meals

  1. Chicken Fajitas
  2. Cheese or Chicken Enchiladas
  3. Pasta (Spaghetti, Ravioli, etc)
  4. Tacos
  5. Hot Dogs
  6. Meatloaf
  7. Pizza
  8. Chicken Pitas
  9. Stouffer's Skillet Meal
  10. Chicken Chow Mein w/ Egg Rolls
  11. Chili & Cornbread
  12. Sausage/Chicken Calzones
  13. Bean & Cheese Burritos
  14. Breakfast Burrito/Taco
  15. Quesadillas

Week Two - Add five more meals and list side dishes

  1. Baked Potato Bar
  2. Mexican Casserole
  3. Hamburgers
  4. Baked Ziti
  5. House Sirloin Steak

Side dishes

  1. Green Salad
  2. Brown Sugar Carrots
  3. Sauteed Zucchini/squash
  4. Mashed Potatoes
  5. Mexican Rice
  6. Garlic Bread
  7. Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
  8. French Fries/Tator Tots

I'm sure I'll get lots more ideas as I see what other people put down. I need more veggies! My family needs to eat more veggies. I'm hoping this exercise helps me to start planning our meals better. I hope to start eating as a family of 5. We have yet to do that since the twins have been born. Right now the kids eat and then dh and I eat usually after the twins go to bed. I'm hoping to change things up but if I don't plan, it's not gonna work!!!

2 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

The best way to eat more veggies is just to buy them and get them on the table. I usually make broccoli or carrots for every dinner. At first the kids would only eat a bite or two. Now half of them love broccoli and the other half love carrots!
Toni

SnoWhite said...

I love brown sugar carrots too!!