Monday, November 02, 2009

New Recipe

Trying out a new recipe tonight!

Mexican Chicken Casserole



Ingredients
6 Small Chicken breasts (I used one prepackaged cooken chicken breast)
3 Flour Tortillas
1 Medium onion chopped fine
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
2 cans low fat cream of chicken soup (I only had one can so I used one can cream of mushroom soup since I had it one hand)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 c grated low fat cheddar cheese
pepper to taste

Directions
Spray a 9 X 13 pan.
Put tortillas in bottom of pan.
Mix remaining ingredients except for cheese.
Pour mixture over tortillas and top with cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.

Number of Servings: 10

I screwed up and put the 1 cup of cheese with the rest of the ingredients. Whoops! So I have extra extra cheese in there. Not a big deal. We'll see how it turns out! LOL! I'll tell you tonight!

Ok, it was pretty good. I suggest that you do use only cream of chicken soup. I think the cream of mushroom gave it a funny aftertaste but it really wasn't bad. Dh said he liked it. He didn't think the kids would like it though. I think they would. Connor had a bite of mine later and he said it was good. Will keep this on the back burner and try again later but tweak it a little. And no it really wasn't too much cheese but that sure did make it high in calories!!!

No comments: