Friday, October 30, 2009

New Breakfast Idea

As part of the GAG Week 9 Challenge, we were challenged to try new recipes and/or new foods. I've had this breakfast "recipe" that I've been wanting to try for MONTHS and well, now is a good time. =) Here is the recipe:

Nutty Chocolate Banana

1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rice Cake
1 Tbsp marshallow creme
4 banana slices 1/8 inch thick, cut into pieces
1/2 tsp chopped peanuts
1/2 tsp mini chocolate chips

1.) Spread marshmallow creme over rice cake.



2.) Top with banana pieces



3.) Sprinkle peanuts and mini chocolate chips over banana



Servings: 1
Calories: 120
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 0 g

It was YUMMY! But I think I'll try it tomorrow with cool whip. I can have more of that for the same amount of calories as the marshmallow creme. Stay tuned!!!

7 comments:

Dani @ PFL said...

That's adorable! And so yummy looking. Congrats on the new breakfast idea. =)

Fat Chick said...

How sweet is it? Looks yummy but sweet...might have to try that for a dessert. :)

Mandie said...

Oooh! Sounds awesome, but I'm like you...would like it better with cool whip than marshmallow cream stuff. Ick :)

Heather & Chaos said...

@Fat Chick - It actually wasn't sweet at all but could totally be a dessert if you wanted. Some times I like to have a sweet breakfast (like a donut or cinnamon roll) and this isn't as sweet as those by comparision. Hope that helps!!

@Mandie - I like the marshmallow fluff but like to get more bang for my buck. ;)

.... said...

Ooooooooh that sounds like a decadent breakfast!

I'm with you on getting the bag for your buck - load up the cool whip girl. lol

Enjoy!
Lynn

Christine Jeske said...

I would definately do it with cool whip. Looks like a yummy treat.

Hope you had a good week! ♥

Anonymous said...

Yep. Consider me a cool whip supporter. Yummo.