Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Review of CSN Stores - Cusinart Smart Stick Hand Blender

Ok, I was finally able to use my new Immersible blender thanks to CSN Stores very generous offer of allowing me to review it. CSN stores sell everything from furniture to home decor to cookware sets to shoes and everything in between. Let me tell you. Not only did I find a great new recipe to use my immersible blender in, this thing is awesome and I can't wait to use it more in the summer time to make smoothies and stuff for everyone in the house.





















So I used this recipe:

Slow Cooker Green Pepper Chicken

3 chicken breast halves
2 large green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 (7-ounce) can whole or diced green chiles (mine were mild)
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 tablespoon dried minced onion, or 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream (to add before serving)
corn tortillas, optional (I used flour tortillas)


Directions:

I used a 4 quart slow cooker. Put the chicken into the bottom of the cooker, and add the bell peppers and the whole can of chiles. Add basil, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir a bit to combine. Pour in the 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, or on high for 3-4.

Before serving, use tongs to remove the chicken, and set aside. Using an immersible blender, blend the peppers and sauce left at the bottom of the slow cooker. If you don't have an immersible blender, carefully(!) pour the slow cooker contents into a traditional stand blender and pulse until fully combined. Pour back into the cooker.

Stir in sour cream until melted. If you don't have sour cream in the house, plain yogurt or cream cheese would work just fine---this is only to thicken the sauce a bit and to mellow out the peppers and chile flavor.

Slice chicken, and return to the cooker. Set to high for 20-30 minutes, or until your dinner is fully hot. Serve the meat in corn tortillas, or over rice. Or both!

________________________________________

I obviously used the immersible blender instead of taking the VERY HOT liquid out and blending in a traditional blender. Here was my crockpot before:






And here is my crockpot after:




We were a little worried at first. But this recipe was DELICIOUS! We put the chicken mixture in flour tortillas and basically made burritos. It was YUMMY!! So easy to do and using my new immersible blender made it so easy. I think it took me 5 mins to blend it and that's because I was trying to figure out how to use it. LOL! If you are looking for an immersible blender, this one by Cuisinart is definitely one to try!!! Check it out at the CSN cookware store!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I've a friend from "down under" (New Zealand, actually) who calls this a "whizzy stick." We love the name & i love my whizzy stick. So convenient. Although if i had children i'd be awfully careful about using it around them.