Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Organizing Goal - Laundry/Pantry Room

So as part of my goals for this year - I am aiming to organizing my house, one room at a time. (If I don't get my butt in gear this month though I'm not going to get anything done!). So my room in January was my Laundry/Pantry Room. I took before & after photos! YEAH!!! Of course as I'm looking through them trying to order them on my page here - it's kinda hard to tell if they are before or after somewhat. But anyway, my laundry/pantry is CLEAN and somewhat organized and is going to STAY like that!!!!

BEFORE:
Looking through the kitchen to the laundry room (ignore the dirty clothes on the floor)


Washer/Dryer on left and Pantry's on Right





AFTER:
Notice NO dirty laundry on floor. =) or on the washer. We tend to put the girls dirty bibs on top of the washer. Need to find a better idea.



BEFORE:
This is the cabinet ABOVE the washer


AFTER:


BEFORE:
This is the cabinet above the dryer

AFTER:
Notice how much ROOM I have left!!! And my batteries are semi organized. And the plastic cutlery actually found it's way to the spot it was supposed to be in. =)


BEFORE:
This is the cabinet above my first pantry.

AFTER:
Still a mess of plastic bags but we use them to throw out dirty diapers (we found the Diaper Genie to be a joke after the first 3 months). I need a small basket (plastic, wicker, whatever) to put the plastic bags in to keep it looking neat up there. Will be looking for something ;) )

BEFORE:
This is the cabinet above my second pantry. And No we are not really boozers. I've had most of this alcohol (except for the Jack) for over a year.


AFTER:


BEFORE:
First pantry that is on the left - top shelves


AFTER:
(Any ideas on a BETTER way to organize my spices??)


BEFORE:
First pantry that is on the left - bottom shelves


AFTER:
(Mental Note: Need to bring stryofoam cups to work)

BEFORE:
Second Pantry on the right - top shelves


AFTER:
(Not having to store baby food freed up a whole shelf for me!)


BEFORE:
Second pantry on right - bottom shelves


AFTER:




BEFORE:
The top of my pantry's.


AFTER:


So there you go! YEAH!! One room down. Many more to go. But I do have a wish list for this room of what I still need:

  1. fabric covering for the top of washer & dryer to make it look pretty
  2. basket for plastic bags in top cabinet

No comments: