This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant. This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul.
List 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know.
Pass the award on to 10 deserving (and unsuspecting, bwah-ha-ha!) bloggers.
I received this award from Christine - a fellow GAG challenger. Thanks Christine!!!!
1. I do not know who my Dad is. Never met the man. My Mom was having an affair with him. He told her he had left his wife. He was wrong. When she told him she was pregnant, he went back to his wife and son. Thankfully my Mom still had me or I wouldn't be here today! Do I want to know who he is?? Yes and No. What intrigues me more is the fact I have a half-brother out there and possibly more siblings.
2. I do have a Step-Dad and he is my "Dad". He has six other children from his first wife who passed away. He is all I've known my life so he is who i refer to when I say my Dad.
3. My Mom and Dad were separated for 10 years. They did not talk, they did not see each other. My mom and I lived in New York (outside of Buffalo) and he lived in Southern CA. Since I live in Southern CA now can you see where this is going?? They got back together. Sort of at my urging. I hated where we lived SO much I wanted to find him and secretly go live with him. Who was I to know that we would come out to visit for 2 weeks in the summer of 1990 and when we left, he told me to tell my sister (step) that I'd see her in a month and a month later we moved to beautiful sunny Southern CA. =)
4. I met my husband my sophomore year in high school. We started dating my senior year in high school and have been together ever since.
5. We got married on a yacht in Newport Harbor. It was THE BEST wedding I have ever been to. LOL! It was so much fun. I want to do it again!! Well maybe just party this time.
6. Speaking of weddings, every single wedding I have been asked to be a bridesmaid or maid of honor in has been canceled. So DON'T ASK ME TO BE IN YOUR WEDDING!!
7. I don't speak of them much here because I have another blog for that but I have three children. A son who will be 4 in November and twin daughters who will be 2 in November. They are almost exactly 2 years apart. Also, I was due with my son on my husband's birthday although he wasn't ready to come out and waited another week. He decided he wanted to share his birthday with Thanksgiving every 7 years or so.
8. We own a 33 foot Class A motorhome and go camping at least once a month. We have owned a trailer or motorhome since 1999. This is our third one. We started out with a toybox trailer, then moved to a 29 foot Class C motorhome before moving to our current one. We looked at this model for 3 years before we bought one. We've owned it almost 5 years. We actually bought it, THEN found out I was pregnant with our son. The longest we have gone without camping was 8 months and that was when I was on bedrest with the twins and after.
9. Speaking of camping, we took our son on his first camping trip when he was 6 weeks old. The twins were 3 months old on their first camping trip.
10. And finally, I love to scrapbook but I just don't have time to do it lately. But I do love doing it on the computer (not paper). So much easier and less messy. Plus I have NO room in my house for all the paper stuff!!
So, that's a little about me. If you read this and want to do it, I tag YOU! But I know it's been around a lot this past month so I don't want to tag you if you've already done it. I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me. =)