4 sheets 12x18 inch foil
1 medium onion -- thinly sliced
1/2 cup salsa -- divided
1/4 cup finely crushed tortila chips
1 tablespoon chili powder -- divided
1 teaspoon garlic salt -- divided
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin -- divided
1 pound ground beef, 92% lean
1 1/3 lb potatoes -- cubed
4 1/2 ounces diced green chilis, canned
1 cup 2% colby jack cheese, shredded -- optional
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to medium-high. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick foil.
2. Center 1/4 of onion on each sheet of foil.
3. Combine 1/4 cup salsa, tortilla chip crumbs, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin; add to ground beef.
4. Shape mixture into 4 meatloafs, flatten slightly. Place one loaf on top of onion.
5. Spoon remaining salsa over meat loaves.
6. Combine potatoes with chiles and remaining spices. Place besides meat loaves.
7. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes on a cookie sheet or grill 18-22 minutes in covered grill.
9. Sprinkle with cheese before serving, if desired.
Nutrional Info per Sparkpeople (without the cheese):
Total Fat: 9.5 g
Cholesterol: 65.0 mg
Sodium: 915.8 mg
Total Carbs: 34.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
Protein: 28.1 g
This was my dinner last night. And it was oh so yummy!!! A little bit of work in the beginning but worth it. I actually prepped everything the night before and had the foil packs sitting in the refrigerator for dh to put in the oven when he came home. They ended up being ready right after I got home. =)
For more recipes check out Gayle @ The Grocery Cart Challenge.